Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Quilt for Paige

I seem to have lost the cord to connect the camera to the computer in the move so vacation posts are on hold until I can figure out where it is or another way to move the photos (I've tried the SD card, I'm having issues with that too...technology is NOT my friend) so in the mean time, I thought I would share a baby shower gift I made for my friend Abby's pending little one, Paige!  I met Abby in college, we were both retail merchandising majors at Ohio University involved in our college association, Fashion Associates and we were both in Alpha Phi Omega (co-ed service fraternity).  We both moved to Columbus after graduation and started up the ritual of monthly brunches with another friend, Amy, to stay in touch and keep up with what was going on in the retail industry or just to talk about life.  Abby told us she was pregnant shortly after she found out at our last brunch before we moved! 

I did a few things differently on this quilt than I 've done in the past for Case, Kolt, and Molly using strips of fabric instead of blocks and I also used the same print in three different colors.  I loved the outcome!  I've got one more quilt for a friend to work on and then my focus will shift to preparing the nursery to our little one (crib skirt, quilt, wall art, glider cushion, curtains....I'll be busy this winter!) 


Attempted free-hand scalloped edge!

No comments: