Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 22-Painting the Nursery

Last weekend my Mom came up to help me paint the nursery.  The room was painted blue and was the home to two little boys before we moved in so it really needed to be freshened up!

The nursery-Before paint
We painted the walls Nantucket Breeze by Benjamin Moore.  If you think this color looks familiar, it's because we used in in the half bath remodel in our last house.  I loved it and wanted to use it again!  Also painted the ceiling and the trim.  It look us almost an entire day but it was worth it, the room looks so fresh!  As soon as the paint was dry, I couldn't wait to layout the rug that Chris and I purchased for the room from the Arhaus outlet.  It's not a traditional nursery rug but I wanted something that was versatile and would grow with our baby.
The nursery-After paint
Rug Close Up
We thought it was appropriate to take the 22 week belly photo in the nursery:    

Week 22-Baby Belly
Chris installed the smoke alarm in the nursery today and our next step will be picking out our crib, stripping and repainting the dresser we are using for a changing table (Chris) and to start sewing the linens (Sonya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a warm and inviting room. I love it! You are such

Unknown said...

Thanks friend! So excited to see you this weekend!