Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meal Planning-What we're having this week

Last week, Mom and I spent Saturday painting the nursery and then C and I spent Sunday with his family so I didn't get around to meal planning or grocery shopping (except for the farmers market)...big mistake!  I felt like I was scrambling all week to come up with meals.  We keep a fairly well-stocked freezer, most of the time, but I just wasn't inspired by anything.  This week, even after being out of town for a few days for a wedding, we are back on track!

Sunday-Roasted chicken and veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and celery) and crustless pumpkin pie
Monday-Crustless sausage and broccoli quiche and avocado and cranberry salad
Tuesday-(leftover) Chicken burritos and Cuban black beans
Wednesday-Tilapia and mashed butternut squash (instead of mashed potatoes)
Thursday-homemade kale pizza
Friday- Chris is on his own, I'm headed to Nashville for a girls weekend!

You may notice that our menu is carb light as I mentioned last time, Chris is  reducing his carb intake and following a primal diet.  Carbs are my favorite pregnancy food so I'm not joining him but am trying to be supportive and make recipes that are low-carb for him.  Hey, I can always microwave a baked potato :).



No comments: