Monday, March 5, 2012

Sweet potato chips and meal planning

Now that I'm back to feeling better and classes, meal planning is on!  

Sunday-Chicken/black bean quesadillas and sweet potato chips
Monday-Orange roughy filets and butternut squash risotto (I have butternut puree in the freezer I'm trying to use up)
Tuesday-Crock pot roasted chicken
(Meatless) Wednesday-Potato and leek soup
Thursday-Left overs
Friday-Local Catholic church fish fry

Have you ever made sweet potato chips?  They are easy and delicious!  

Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Peel and slice sweet potatoes (very thin slices, I use my food processor so they are nice and even).  Toss in bowl with a touch of oil and salt and pepper.  Layout in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Place in oven and bake until crisp (varies depending on thickness).  I like to flip mine at the halfway point, 20 minutes or so.  Chips will shrivel and start to brown. 

Sweet potatoes ready for the oven!

No comments: