Thursday, April 26, 2012

Meal Planning-The Pioneer Woman Cookbook takes over

So I was the lucky recipient of two cook books in April (one for Easter and one for my b-day).  Now that my schedule has lightened, I've been able to break them out.  I handed Chris the new cook book from The Pioneer Woman: "Food from my frontier" and he had no issues picking out a few dishes (so many delicious looking ones to choose from!).

Sunday-White Chicken Enchiladas
Monday-Spicy Orzo with Broccoli (I added a can of white beans for protein...still wasn't a winner)
Tuesday-Left overs (I had a salad with left over crock pot rotisserie chicken)
Wednesday-Apricot Shrimp Skewers (note to self, do NOT rub eyes after cutting up jalapenos!)
Thursday-Chris has class and is watching the draft so I'll be eating popcorn and BP with apples or sweet potato chips
Friday-Pork Tenderloin with root vegetables (this was amazing...so much work but it was soo good)

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  My mom and I had a conversation this week about how variety in meal planning is key.  Keeps things interesting!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I just made pizza this week with cauliflower crust and it was really good! It might not be a ton healthier than regular crust because it uses a lot of cheese but it does sneak in a veggie and has no flour. This is the recipe I used: http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Unknown said...

Alicia, that sounds sooo good. We will have to try it out on our next pizza night. No aversion to cauliflower here :)