Saturday, April 14, 2012

Date Nut Energy "Brownie" Bites

I've made this recipe a couple of times over the past few months and it's a winner (this one is soooo easy)!  I try to keep a batch in the fridge for fast fuel on the go.  Sorry it took me so long to get around to blogging them. These are the perfect pre-  or post- workout snack and are packed full of energy from the dates and nuts.

Ingredients:
1 cup dates, chopped and pitted
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1-2 teaspoons filtered water


Directions:
Pulse ingredients together in food processor until mixture sticks together.  
I usually add a teaspoon or two of water to get the mixture to stick.
Roll into balls and store in fridge.

Before adding water:

After adding water (one teaspoon at a time):
After rolling into balls (I use a pampered chef cookie dough baller, works great:

No comments: