Friday, March 8, 2013

"Fried" chicken

Last weekend when meal planning, Chris asked for baked chicken. I wanted something a bit more interesting than just seasoning it and throwing it in oven so I came up with this recipe (or more like technique) based on some fish my mom made for us a few weeks ago. It turned out delicious despite the smoke alarm going off (setting off Lila and then the baby... It was a hot mess for a minute). Guess its time to clean my oven :)

Ingredients:
1 fryer chicken, ours was split in halves (I couldn't find quarters)
2/3 cup almond meal
Seasonings as preferred (I used 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, a touch of cinnamon, 1 tbs paprika)
Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 425
Line baking pan with foil and place cooling rack on top (this allows air in all sides of the chicken so it gets crispy all over)
Place all ingredients in zip top plastic bag and shake to coat chicken
Place chicken on rack and spray with olive oil
Bake 1 hour or until done

That's it :). Easy and delicious!

Note, I left the skin on for Chris but removed it on my piece before eating. I think the coating would stick to the meat if the skin was removef as well.



No comments: