Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012-In Review

Now that 2012 has come to a close and 2013 is underway, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year.  It truly was a year of change for us!  I was happy with our progression toward our goals for 2012 and shopping local, baking bread and meatless meals are all part of our weekly routine.

In January, I took to meal planning every week.  It really helps keep the grocery list (and budget) in check and we get more variety in our meals and I'm not rushing around to throw something together after work.  I'm planning on taking the past year of meal plans and creating a month of meals for February after the baby arrives!  We also worked on some house projects!

In February, we finished our 1/2 bath remodel and announced that we would be MOVING!  I also signed up for a 10 miler and started training again.  C and I got dressed up and spent a night celebrating with the Junior League...so fun!

In March, we listed our little house for sale because we would be moving and I detailed why I run.  

In April, we hit the road to visit C's sister Alicia in DC and got to catch up with our friends Caitlin and Brian. I celebrated my last 20's birthday by spending the day with my Mom and then a wonderful dinner with C at a local wine shop.  I ran (and PR'ed) my 10 miler and detailed my must-have gear.

In May, I graduated MBA school!!!!!  And we bought a house in the Cleveland area.  It was a busy month and we also tried to enjoy spending time in Columbus before the pending move.

In June, I visited my friend Kelly for her bachelorette party and bridal shower.  Chris graduated with his MBA (yay!!!!!) and we moved out of our Columbus house.  We ended the month by celebrating Kelly and Altay's wedding.

In July, we moved into our Cleveland house and announced our BIG news that we would be expecting in February:)

In August, we had our first ultrasound and C celebrated being 29!  We ended the month with a Warrior Dash (C participated and I watched).

In September, we hit up the local Oktoberfest with my parents and our new house started to get into order but we still have a ways to go.  We ended the month with a trip to San Diego, our last get-away as a family of 2 before baby!

In October, my college roommate Jen got married and we road-tripped to Cincinnati to celebrate!  Mom and I painted the nursery and I made one last out-of-state trip to Nashville for a girls weekend and to meet baby Colin.

In November, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary and picked up our beautiful dining room table.  Nesting also hit in full force.

In December, my Mom came back to paint the entryway/hallway/stairway, we attempted Christmas card photos, spent time with family and celebrated the holidays.

What a wonderful year!  How was your 2012?  Did it live up to your expectations?  What were your favorite adventures?

No comments: