Monday, June 4, 2012

Meal Planning

Well, we were planning on having to move last week so we've been whittling away at the food in the house.  Our buyers were having some issues with their bank, so we've pushed back closing a few weeks.  Thank goodness, I don't think I was ready for the move even if we are not moving everything ourselves.  We've effectively ran out of ketchup, mayo, cooking spray and flax meal (the first two, I don't care about but it's driving C nuts to have "dry" sandwiches).  Pretty soon our freezer/pantry will be empty!  C told me that if it gets much worse, he's going to have dinner at Rusty Bucket every night.

Sunday- Crock pot chicken I LOVE this rub, makes the chicken so flavorful.  I even added a new technique I learned from a Sur la Table cooking class with my Mom, I brined the bird first!  Served with couscous and roasted Brussels sprouts (again, cleaning out the freezer).
Monday-Vegan Crock Pot Refried Beans.  bag of pinto beans in the pantry I needed to use up and these turned out great, so tasty!  You would never guess these are vegan.  I turned mine into a bean and cheddar cheese quesadilla served with homemade guacamole.  It was an easy, delicious and filling dinner.
Tuesday-Tilapia and green bean casserole
Wednesday-Spinach salad with left over chicken (from Sunday), avocados and almonds.
Thursday- Clipper's game so we're eating at the ballpark!
Friday-???

What happens when your pantry freezer runs dry?  Where do you end up?

No comments: