Thursday, February 7, 2013

Waffle Recipe (Double Batch)

One of my favorite weekend breakfasts is waffles.  I love making a big batch and putting them in the freezer for easy weekday meal options.  I made this double recipe a few weeks ago and stocked up our freezer before Henry was born.  These are a hearty, satisfying waffle that I top with nut butter/yogurt and fruit.

Ingredients:
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
2 Tablespoons honey
6 teaspoons baking powder
2 shredded apples (I used granny smith)
1 cup milk
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons flax meal
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

Directions:
Mix wet ingredients together (eggs, coconut oil, honey, milk, vanilla)
Add dry ingredients (baking powder, cinnamon, flax meal whole wheat flour)
Fold in shredded apples
Bake according to waffle maker directions
Enjoy!

No comments: