Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friends and Fun in Fayetteville

Max waiting to get there!


On Friday, Sandy, Lauren and I (plus Max and Bandit) left Columbus to head to NC for a weekend visit. I dropped Sandy, Lauren and Bandit off at Tanna and Allan's and then continued to Fayetteville. It was a rainy, yucky drive so I was really happy to finally arrive! On Friday night we picked up Aaron and then went out for sushi and to a piano bar downtown.

Lea and I at Key's Piano Bar being silly


Our group at Keys


Saturday was spent having a girls day at The Spa at Pinehurst and then dinner in Pinehurst. At the spa they gave us these heated neck wraps that were filled with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg...they were amazing and I'm trying to figure out how I can make them! It was so nice to catch up with the girls and I learned that another friend is pregnant :) Congrats to Kendra and Mike!

The girls at dinner in Pinehurst after spending the afternoon at the spa


Sunday morning I picked Aaron up for mass at St. Patricks and then back to Lea's for Slip N Sliding! We had a blast and it was just like being a kid again. We planned on going to the beach but since dogs aren't allowed in the summer we had to change our plans.

Aaron on the first run down the Slip N Slide


Lea ready to slide


Ready to Slip N Slide


Aaron and I with the gators


The Girls on the Slip N Slide


I spent Monday and Tuesday visiting with friends and then drove back to spend the night with The WEJ. All in all, it was a great trip and I really enjoyed spending time with my friends again. It was a little strange being in Fayetteville without Chris and I missed him!

Hanging out at Lea's

No comments: