Tuesday, October 21, 2008

FRG (Family Readiness Group) Coffee






Last Tuesday Ellie (Chris’ Commanding Officer’s wife) and I hosted our first Coffee event. A Coffee is an FRG Officer’s wives function that is held once a month to touch base with each other and spend time together. It is purely a social thing and though there is a little “official” business it is mainly just a chance to hang out and eat dinner together. Since our event was held in October our theme was “Fall Harvest”. Ellie made a great broccoli cheese soup, ramen noodle salad and pecan pie. I made chili, pumpkin bread, homemade whipped cream and apple pie. We had a great turn out and everyone had fun! One negative thing did happen during the event….at some point I lost my military ID so now I have to get Chris to take me on base to get another one.

No comments: