I wrote this for Facebook but thought I would share it here as well!
So here it is! My list of 25 things:
1. Family and friends are the most important thing in the world to me.
2. Our dog Max is our “child” until we have real ones. That means he stays in the house, gets to stay at the pet resort when we are out of town, sleep on the couch while we are working and we talk about him like he’s part of our family.
3. On an average Sunday we go to church, Stabucks and to buy groceries…in that order.
4. Both Chris and I listen to NPR as our primary radio station in the car. His favorite program is Car Talk (those guys are hilarious).
5. Even though my husband is in the Army and gets up notoriously early, I get up about 15-20 minutes earlier than him on weekdays to hit the gym before work.
6. I have ran one marathon, several ½ marathons and 100’s of miles but don’t consider myself a runner (I have no idea why not).
7. I have a list of 100 things to do before I die. I started it when I was 15 or 16 and add to it as I go. Items on the list range from having children to traveling to learning how to knit.
8. Chris once asked me to sew him a pair of American Eagle style khakis and I laughed at him. It doesn’t matter how great of a seamstress I am, I’m never going to be able to re-create their distressed look.
9. I’m guessing that having kids is like having pets, once you have one and you’re taking walks, feeding them, going to the vet one more doesn’t seem to matter, you’re doing the work already so why not have one more. (yes, we are considering getting another dog)
10. I get tired of the Army interfering with our life plans but it reminds me that I’m not supposed to be in charge and sometimes I need to sit back and let God handle things.
11. Chris and I have been married for 27 months. He has been gone for about 17 of those months doing Army stuff.
12. I love post-it notes and note pads in general!
13. I grew up Catholic and even though I don’t go to church as much as I should, I know that it will always be there when I need it. I like that I can go to church pretty much anywhere in the world and the rituals are the same.
14. Even though I don’t eat left-over’s, I hate throwing food away because it is wasteful. It’s a good thing that Chris will eat anything.
15. I am currently enrolled in my first graduate level course to earn my MBA. It’s going to take me a long time if I only take one class at a time.
16. I had a great time in high school and college, I will never forget the memories but I don’t want to do it all over again. I believe that life is about moving forward.
17. I could (and probably do) eat chocolate every single day. I love it.
18. According to my husband, I’m a violent sleeper. He says I am constantly moving around and working to get comfortable.
19. As much as I love to shop (my college degree is in retail merchandising), I rarely pay full price for things. It is so much more satisfying buying on sale.
20. Board games with friends and wine is a great way to spend an evening. Catch phrase anyone?
21. I never carry cash but always have a credit and debit card with me. I find I spend less money this way.
22. One of my favorite hobbies is traveling. I’ve been to France, England, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Canada.
23. I’ve lived in both New York City and London. After 5 months, I knew NYC wasn’t for me. I would move back to London if I could get Chris to go with me.
24. My current kitchen is too small to hold all of my cooking utensils/tools, appliances and china so it is stored in our office area, laundry room and guest room closet. We’ll need a much bigger kitchen in the next place!
25. It’s time to stop procrastinating with this list and study for my exam next week!