Sunday, January 25, 2009

12 miles in 30 degree weather

Today I did my longest run before the 1/2 marathon on Valentine's Day. It was about 30 degrees when I left our apartment for my 12 miler. Thankfully, yesterday I had treated myself to new Perfect Fit pants and long sleeved Dry Fit top. Nike workout clothes are an investment (luckily, I was able to purchase them on Ft. Bragg and saved about 15%), but I was really happy to have them today to keep me warm and dry! I also wore my awesome fleece jacket Chris got me for Christmas and some running gloves for the first couple of miles until I warmed up enough to take them off. Now, I'm not saying that name-brand is the way to go but having the right equipment can make it much easier. One gadget that I can't image running without is my trusty Ipod nano. Chris gave it to me when I decided to start running back in 2005 and it has been my constant companion since. I also carry my cell phone, Gatorade, Cliff Blocks (for energy) and chap stick. It took me 2 hours to complete my 12 miles so my pace is around a 10 minute mile, which is fine with me!

No comments: