Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The New Job

I’m sure that many of you have heard that for the last week or so I’ve been gainfully employed again, much to my relief. I was getting bored hanging around all day while Chris was at work! I looked for a job before Chris and I went to Ohio for vacation but I didn’t really find much that suited my skills or interests. Well, all that changed three weeks later when we returned back to NC and I had two job offers and was working a week later! I’ve now been employed for a week as an Inside Sales Representative (and a little HR) for a company that sells cabinets for homes (kitchen, bath, laundry room, home office). The company is family owned and has great values so I’m sure that I’ll fit right in. I’m replacing a woman who is moving out of state to be with her father who is sick, she didn’t want to leave the job but of course family comes first! Everyone that I’ve met and worked with so far has been really accommodating to me and I look forward to learning more about the cabinet industry. After all, I’ve always loved houses and what is inside them! The drawback is it really makes me want to have a place of our own but I keep reminding myself that Chris and I aren’t ready for that step yet. Last week I spent three days in the office learning the ropes and Monday and Tuesday I was out in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach meeting my soon-to-be clients. It was great to be able to put faces to the names that I’ve heard so much about it the very short time I’ve been with the company (and we were able to stay in the family condo directly on the beach in Myrtle Beach….it was awesome!). I’ve also given a couple of interviews because we are looking to fill a position and I’ve learned that I really like that side of the job as well, even though it is completely new to me. I’ll be shadowing the woman I’m replacing until May first and then I’m on my own.

No comments: