Thursday, August 11, 2011

Itty Bitty Booties

I made these itty-bitty booties for our friends Missy and Bryce's soon-to-be-here little girl and am so happy with the outcome. The process, on the other hand, was a bit trying. The pattern came from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones and only had two pieces...who knew it would be so hard?!?!?! (I think I need more photos and/or diagrams to follow in my patterns)

First, I sewed the wrong side together...

And had to rip out the seams:

Then I sewed the right edge of the side:

Then I put the Velcro on the wrong side...

And fixed that:

Finally, I got the first piece put together and pinned to the bottom piece:

And the final product, so adorable:


With the coordinating burp cloths:

Ready to mail to Colorado Springs (we went to visit them in January, to read about our trip, click here):

Can't wait to see photos of baby C enjoying her new booties when she gets here :)

2 comments:

Christie Nix said...

Sonya! These are amazing! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christie! They were a challenge at first but now that I've got them down, so easy and cute :)