Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cooking Classes=Awesome

On Saturday, Danielle and I attended our first cooking class at Sur la Table. It was taught by a professional chef who has worked at several of the better restaurants in Columbus but wanted better hours (he has a 7 week old baby, I don't blame him). We attended their "Cooking with Le Creuset" class. There were 8 people in our class so there was a lot of hands on experience and we were able to ask questions freely of the instructor...very nice. The menu that we prepared consisted of: Cream of Asparagus Soup - Grilled Salmon with Basil Aioli - Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin - Lemon-Coconut Bars AND we got the recipes to take home so I will be making it all again because they were all delicious. As a bonus, we each received a Le Creuset grill pan:





I apologize for the bad photo of myself with the pan, the thing is REALLY HEAVY and it was hard to hold it up:

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I hope Chris isn't intimidated by this photo,seeing a woman with a frying pan held like that could be scary! But you have a smile so that is a good sign! Sounds like the class was really neat!