Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's a good thing we live close to the airport!

I spent a much needed weekend in the Outer Banks (or as I called it "that really long thing on the map") North Carolina catching up with friends and celebrating Mike and Kendra's wedding. Chris and I met Mike and Kendra through some mutual friends in NC and they quickly became good friends of ours. Kendra can make a mean chocolate chip cookie, her secret is amaretto creamer and Mike serves in the Army with Chris. I was so thrilled to be a part of their special day and Chris missed being there, of course. Kendra and Mike had a lovely catholic wedding mass and then a fun reception at a local beach club with dinner around the pool and beach access with a bonfire. It was a short trip, down on Saturday and back on Sunday but that didn't end my trips to the airport! On Tuesday, I dropped of Alicia for her 8 week European adventure. I'm so excited to see her on the other side in August and hear all about her backpacking across Europe! By the way, our new house is only 10 minutes from the airport. Here are a few photos of the weekend:

The Bride and Groom at the alter:


Group photo of the girls:


Group photo of the guys being silly at the bar:


Jumping into the pool at the reception:



Brian and Caitlin being nice and sharing a dance with the girls:



Brice and Steve showing off their handstand talents on the beach:


Lea, Missy and I on the beach after the reception taking in the peaceful sounds of the ocean:




Alicia ready to take on Europe...or at least that really long flight!

No comments: