Sunday, November 7, 2010

4 Year Anniversary

This weekend Chris and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. We are now at 50% for spending the day together (He's been here twice, in Iraq once and in Afghanistan once). We were very low key on the day but last night went out for an amazing dinner at a place called G. Micheal's in German Village. Since moving to Columbus, Chris and I have been making a point to frequent local restaurants instead of chains. Needless to say, we haven't been disappointed yet, all the food has been great! Here are a few photos of us when we got home:





We've been trying to eat local! Last night while explaining the specials one of them was pork chop that was "Ohio raised pork that the chef butchered himself", kind of made us chuckle because we know lots of people that do this and it isn't anything special (guess that comes from growing up in farm country). Chris did order it and it was good but still made us laugh :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That's cute. You should have told him that Chris's grandpa's last name means 'butcher' and he actually was one.
Yay for eating local. I am sure you have read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Another 2 books i just read that I think you would like (and i think everyone on planet earth should read) Eating Animals by Jonathan Safron Foer and 'The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell.
Have a great weekend!
Lisa

Unknown said...

I have the China Study on CD and I love Jonathon Safron Foer, he's one of my favs. I heard he had a new book about food out, will have to check it out! Have not read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle...will add to my list! Will you be home for thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Chris and Sonya!
Love,
-Jill :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to spend this one together. Kim and I are looking forward to seeing you both tomorrow. Happy belated anniversary!

-Bryan

Anonymous said...

Happy Veterans Day Chris and thank you for your service! Thank you, too, for your sacrifices, Sonya!
Love,
-Jill :)