Thursday, November 6, 2008

3 + 3 does not equal 4 + 5

My running schedule has gotten a little off track this week due to a number of reasons: a weekend out of town, rainy days in Fayetteville, daylight savings time means it’s dark by 6pm and a running partner with a strained hip flexor. I did my long run (7 miles) on Sunday instead of Saturday making Monday a rest day instead of the 4 miles on the schedule. Tuesday I did three miles on the treadmill instead of the 4 miles from Monday and Wednesday I did 3 miles until it got dark instead of the 5 miles from Tuesday….were you able to follow all of that?!?!?!? Fayetteville isn’t the safest place to run so I try to run either with my running partner Caitlin or in daylight hours…which are fleeting because of the time change. I’m not worried about missing a couple of miles but I do want to follow the training as close as possible. Hopefully next week will be back to normal and Caitlin will be feeling better!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm sorry I'm screwing up your running schedule! I can't wait to get back to it! I had my follow up today and they're just now thinking that "hm... you may need some physical theraphy, we'll refer you out..."

UGH! I asked to be referred to a dr. in PA so that I don't waste time while there. I miss running with you terribly!

Unknown said...

I miss it too! Hopefully after Thanksgiving we'll be back to the old routine!